Assistant to the President
Join the BSK Community
Apply for this position
Assistant to the President
Supports the office of the president through both administrative and financial services, including key business office responsibilities. The position combines executive assistant duties with financial tasks coordinated with the school’s accountants.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining office files and records
- Taking meeting minutes and compiling reports and materials as requested.
- Handling messages, calendaring and travel arrangements for president
- Maintaining documents and payments for HR benefits, accreditation, insurance and licensing
- Handling accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assisting president and treasurer in tracking bank, restricted and special funds.
- Coordinating and supporting auditing firm with the annual audit
- Processing contributions
- Payroll coordination
- Various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of administrative support experience
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook)
- Financial management skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality while working independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to work with a diverse group of individuals
- This position is a 30 hour per week role
- Flex work: this position includes work-from-home options
- Annuity: 6% of salary
- Annual Wage Supplement to assist with Health Insurance Costs
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition-free access to BSK courses
- 10 days per year vacation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen, and is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach using hands and arms, and lift boxes of up to 15 pounds.
Baptist Seminary of Kentucky (BSK):
Baptist Seminary of Kentucky (www.bsk.edu) is an ATS accredited school in partnership with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the National Baptist Convention of America, International.
BSK is committed to maintaining a work environment in which the dignity and worth of all members of the institutional community are respected. BSK does not discriminate in matters of hiring, admissions, academics, or student affairs on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or age.