Director of Admissions and Recruiter
Join the BSK Community
Apply for this position
Director of Admissions and Student Recruiting
Summary: The Director of Admissions and Student Recruiting will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the recruitment of students for BSK programs. The Director of Admissions and Student Recruiting will report to the President.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Review and develop an annual recruitment plan and objectives with the president
- Work with alumni, supporting churches and organizations to develop a recruitment network
- Working with the President and within the approved budget, develop and implement a promotional strategy for reaching prospective students
- Conduct initial inquiry interviews with prospective applicants, with the primary goal of converting inquirers to applicants
- Plan and execute visits to churches, colleges, campus ministries and key Seminary Day or similar events
- Plan and coordinate BSK Sunday with participating churches
- Coordinate campus visits for prospective students
- Work with our Populi system to manage information relating to prospective students and applications
- Utilize social media tools in recruitment, including the BSK website
- Participate in student orientation
- Assist with key events of the seminary
- Provide certain student services
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Divinity or other theological graduate degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers/software, including Windows and various word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Ability to travel.
- Commitment to being a team player.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Agility in multi-tasking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen, and is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach using hands and arms, and lift boxes of up to 15 pounds.
Baptist Seminary of Kentucky (BSK):
Baptist Seminary of Kentucky (www.bsk.edu) is a regional Baptist seminary in partnership with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. BSK offers the MDiv degree and the MDiv with a concentration in Pastoral Care and Counseling, and is committed to preparing ministers for service in churches and other Christian ministries. The seminary values a balanced approach to education for ministry that focuses both on local ministry contexts and on global perspectives on Christianity, on the Baptist/Free Church vision and on catholic, ecumenical understandings of the Christian tradition. The seminary also places a high value on spiritual formation and the importance of the development of habits and practices of faithful Christian living. BSK is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools.
BSK is committed to cultural diversity and seeks to enhance the participation and leadership of persons of color and women in theological education.
Salary Range $37,000-$42,000