Website Pinckard Baptist Church
The Minister of Youth is a man with a calling and giftedness of God to lead and teach the Scriptures with primary respect to that of the youth group (grades 6-12). As a leader in the church, he must be full of the Spirit, and seek to live a holy and faithful life in Christ.
The Youth Minister is responsible to the Senior Pastor for coordinating and promoting church program organizations and planning and conducting a comprehensive Biblical teaching plan for the youth (Grades 6-12).
The Youth Minister is responsible to the local church body through the church Personnel Committee for employment requirements and responsibilities.
Scriptures for a Minister of Youth to abide by:
Pastoral Scriptures found in 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus
1 Peter 3:15
This position is an exempt (salaried) and part-time position.
The Youth Minister works and coordinates with the Senior Pastor, church staff, and other ministries of the church, including parents, in planning, scheduling and directing the education and discipleship training of the youth (Grades 6-12).
• Direct the planning, coordination, and establishment of a comprehensive Youth Ministry, balanced aged appropriate for the youth (Grades 6-12).
• Provide direction and leadership for the youth (Grades 6-12) education program by promoting, organizing and coordinating balanced aged appropriate activities and ministries to include Bible study, discipleship training, outreach, fellowship, mission trips, retreats/camps and, other activities and events as scheduled.
• Responsible for leading and teaching the youth Sunday School, Sunday Evening, and Wednesday teaching programs for the youth group.
• Provide Christian guidance to meet the special needs of the youth (Grades 6-12) and develop a program to meet the unique needs of the parents of the youth (Grades 6-12) and involve them in the youth ministry.
• Keep informed on current teaching methods and materials, utilizing them as appropriate and to attend youth conferences/workshops periodically for continuing education purposes.
• Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by Grades 6-12 in all church program organizations.
• Administer the youth (Grades 6-12) budget in accordance with church Financial Policies.
• On occasion be available nights and weekends for youth ministry events as well as to work with the Senior Pastor in making emergency pastoral care visits as needed.
• Visit prospects and members related to ministry of youth (Grades 6-12) and as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Attend all staff meetings.
• Attend all church business meetings and present a detailed written report of the youth’s activities (past and/or planned) since the previous meeting.
• Serve as member of Church Council.
• Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The position of Youth Minister:
• Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally as stated and affirmed in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
• Requires a high school diploma.
• Requires ability to speak, read and write English.
• Requires exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups.
• Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
• Requires quality leadership skills.
• Requires exceptional administrative skills.
• Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
• Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.
In addition to the above requirements:
• Prefer a college degree.
• Prefer a seminary degree.
• Prefer 5 years of experience in a youth church staff or other youth-related position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com