Website First Baptist Church
The Family Minister will serve as part of the ministry team working with both staff and members to help families connect with God, each other and within the life of the greater church. This is a full-time position that will provide administrative and spiritual oversight over the children and student ministry.
You will be a great fit for this role if you:
· Are passionate about reaching and caring for the next generation.
· Can thrive in a collaborative environment, serving on a team and building teams.
· Possess strong communication skills
· Have education/experience in family ministries.
· Able to connect with people
· Are a creative problem solver
· Have surrendered your life to Christ and committed to growing in His likeness.
Oversee and provide leadership for birth-12th grade activities on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Build deep relationships with children, youth, parents and volunteers.
Coordinate with the pastor to ensure necessary strategies, programs and activities are in place to sustain an effective and cohesive family ministry at FBC Winchester. This will include special events, outreach and in-reach activities, and curriculum planning.
· Lead the children’s moment each Sunday
· Set and execute long and short- term goals for
o children’s programming -activities
o children/student/family’s spiritual growth
· Plan, organize, and implement the following annual events
o vacation bible school, fall retreats and summer camp
· Plan and maintain the allocated departmental budget.
· Directly reports to the Pastor and communicates to the deacons and the church body each month on: current projects, future initiatives, key take-aways after completed projects and raise any concerns that cannot be resolved by other means.
· TBD total package
· Vacation: 3 weeks (must get approval from Pastor and Personnel to miss more than one Sunday in a rolling four-week period)
· Time allotted for spiritual retreats and renewal- 3 days (outside of Sunday)
· Sick days: 1 week
· $1,000 each year for continuing education and or ministry resources
· New computer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org