Website First Baptist Church
Brief Position Description
FBC Radford seeks a pastor who has an authentic call to service as a pastor in Christ’s church, is an effective leader, is a supporter and encourager, and is an effective communicator. Our pastor should also be equipped academically and experientially to:
• lead in worship that “glorifies God and inspires us to live like Jesus;”
• actively and visibly be engaged in the immediate and extended community, including Radford University, in ways that demonstrate that FBC is committed to being “the hands and feet of Jesus in our community;”
• actively and creatively lead the congregation to truly become “a family of biblically and theologically literate believers;”
• encourage the building of “enduring friendships through radical hospitality” within our congregation as well as our larger communities.
• demonstrate understanding of the difficulties and challenges families face in the 21st century and provide support and encouragement; and
• creatively and energetically lead in the development and management of effective outreach programs and community ministries programs.
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of application, a current personal/professional resumé, and a personal statement of faith and call to ministry.
In addition to accepting applications in digital format via email, applications may also be submitted via USPS to this address:
Gary Ellerman, Chair
Pastor Search Committee
First Baptist Church
215 Third Avenue
Radford, VA 24141
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com