Website Baptist Health Hardin
As a professional member of the interdisciplinary health care team, the Part-Time weekend chaplain provides extensive and intensive spiritual care to patients, families, and staff from diverse spiritual/religious backgrounds with respect for the dignity and unique experience of each person.
- Provides spiritual care coverage throughout the hospital.
- Gathers and evaluates relevant information pertinent to the holistic care of patients and their families
- Develops and implements spiritual care plans to promote the well-being of care recipients, including but not limited to crisis intervention, spiritual care and counseling, assistance with religious/spiritual rituals
- Provides spiritual care and counseling for patients and their families in response to referrals and through proactive rounding
- Documents assessments and interventions in the Electronic Medical Record
- Collaborates with other care providers to promote the well-being of patients and their families
- Provides spiritual care to employees and affiliates through group and individual interactions
- Respects the confidentiality of information from all sources, including the care recipient, legal, or organizational records, and other care providers
- Serves as a liaison to community clergy and collaborates with community clergy in the care for patients and their families
- Provides spiritual care to the organization in ways consonant with the organization’s values and mission statement.
- Provides staff and community education on matters of spirituality and spiritual care
- Makes referrals to community resources as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must have: Master’s degree in Divinity, Spirituality or equivalent from an accredited institution preferred. Four (4) units of ACPE accredited Clinical Pastoral Education.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com