September 28, 2018
Installation of Dr. David Cassady as the 2nd President of BSK
Join us as we install a new president.
You are invited to join the Trustees, Faculty and Staff of the Baptist Seminary of Kentucky for a service of installation on Friday, September 28, 2018 at 7:00pm. The service will be held at Calvary Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky.
A reception will be held after the service. If you are able to stay overnight, you are also invited to participate in a tour of the Ball Horse Farm on Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 10:00am.
Rev. Dr. David L. Cassady
David L. Cassady began his service as the second president of the Baptist Seminary of Kentucky in May 2017. Dr. Cassady brings entrepreneurial experience as the founder and president of Faithlab, a growing communications and consulting firm. As part of Faithlab’s work, Cassady assembled a team that created Faithelement, an innovative online Bible study curriculum now used by hundreds of classes. He can be heard weekly on the Faithelement Podcast. In 1992, Cassady became the first employee at Smyth & Helwys Publishing. By the conclusion of his 16 years of work there, he was serving as the Executive Vice President and Publisher. Cassady also continues to serve as the Church Resources Editor and is a member of the book acquisitions team for Nurturing Faith. The organization publishes around 15 titles per year as well as the popular Nurturing Faith Bible Studies. Dr. Cassady is married to Rejeana Cassady, and they have two adult children, Jonathan and Megan. Jonathan and his wife Melissa live in Atlanta, Georgia, and Megan and her husband Adam live in Lexington, Kentucky.
Friday, September 28
All Friday events will be held at Calvary Baptist Church, Lexington, KY.
7pm, Installation Service
Sermon: Dr. Jim Dant, Pastor, First Baptist Church,
Greenville, South Carolina
Musicians: Dr. Everett McCorvey, Dr. Phillip Morrow, Susan Morrow, Cass DuCharme, Ruth DuCharme, Dr. Kevin Raybuck
Calvary Baptist Church
Parking — Park in blue or green areas (see map)
10am, Horse Farm Tour (optional)
Discover Kentucky! Join us for a tour of Donamire Farm, the beautiful 600 acre horse farm of Mira Ball, trustee of BSK.
Address: 815 South Yarnallton Pike, Lexington
(This is the side gate entry to the farm).
Directions from Lexington:
- From New Circle Road, take exit 6 for Old Frankfort Pike (away from Lexington)
- Travel 1.1 miles and at the traffic circle (roundabout), continue straight on Old Frankfort Pike
- Travel 2.8 miles and look for a black & white sign for Jct. 1977, slow down to prepare to turn RIGHT onto South Yarnallton Pike.
- Proceed approximately ¼ mile and the entrance to the farm will be on your LEFT.
- Once on the farm, drive to the first road on your LEFT, the sign will say Broodmare Barn, follow this road down to the barn, park on the grass on the right side before you get to the barn (leaving enough room for cars to get by if needed). The tour will start there.If you need any directional help – Call Austin at (859) 447-1781
Calvary Baptist Church
150 East High Street
Lexington KY 40507